It's Tax Season!

It's time to get your refund! You could get thousands of dollars back in credits and refunds, money you could use to pay for rent, groceries, gas, and bills. But to be eligible, you have to file your taxes.

If you’re filing taxes for the first time, behind on your taxes, or don’t even know where to start – we’re here to help. Get free tax prep here.

Let’s start with dates to keep in mind:

  • April 18, 2022 – The deadline for filing your 2021 Federal tax returns. In the past, it was April 15, but that date changes based on holidays. State deadlines also shift for federally-recognized holidays.
  • October 17, 2022 – The extension to file your taxes. If you’re going to be late, you can get an automatic extension by filing this form.

Here are some documents to get together:

To get your taxes done, you’re going to need a few documents. What you’ll need will vary depending on your personal situation, but this is a good start.

  • Social security # or tax ID number and birthdate for yourself and your spouse.
  • A valid government-issued ID for you and your spouse.
  • An IRS notice (called 1444-C or 6475) that shows your total stimulus payments, if you got a stimulus check.
  • An IRS notice (called 6419) that shows any Child Tax Credit payments
  • Last year’s tax returns.
  • Any W2 and 1099 forms

Need Help?

Get totally free tax prep — and see what refunds you qualify for today.

Here's what you can do if you're missing anything you need to file.

You can chat with someone Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm Central Time, or email [email protected]. They're a trusted partner with years of experience helping folks get more $$ back from the government during tax season.

Let us know how it goes and where you need help and we’ll try to jump in. Email us [email protected].

Looking for rent assistance? Cash for groceries? We got you.